The implementation of the project “Broadband infrastructure development in rural areas” was directed towards:
- creating conditions for rural public administration, economic entities and residents to use broadband connection;
- improving access to services for rural residents and businesses;
- to increase the attractiveness of rural areas, business competitiveness and employment levels by providing high-speed accessibility.
- design and build more than 360 km of fiber-optic cable;
- develop broadband infrastructure by including 150 settlements;
- connect to or to increase broadband coverage for approximately 400 agricultural institutions and organizations, production and processing plants, rural communities, and the largest farms.
The Results of the Project PRIP
More than 485 km of fiber-optic cables were designed and built at the time of the implementation of this project. This network connects a total of 432 objects, and the number of ordered services reaches 223. The majority of them - 205 - consist of services provided to farmers, 8 - service provided for homesteads and manors, 9 - agricultural companies, and 1 - to a state forest enterprise. “Plačiajuostis internetas” received their first order from the operator “Kalvanet”, but it is not the only partner we cooperate with. The project worked with public companies “TEO LT“ and “Lietuvos radijo ir televizijos centras“, private companies “Etanetas“, “Kalvanet“, “Magnetukas“, “Ramnet“, “Duomenų ekspresas“, “Zirzilė“, “Molėtų radijas ir televizija“, “Verslo tiltas“, as well as the state enterprise “Infostruktūra“. Broadband infrastructure includes more than 400 settlements.
The list of connected objects is presented here.
Developed by: Public Institution “Plačiajuostis internetas” The project is partly financed by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), its value - about 5.9 million Euros.